We operate an in-house complaints procedure which complies with the NHS complaints policy. If you have a complaint about the service you have received you may ask to speak to the practice manager, but you may also put any complaints or comments in writing for the attention of Mrs Carol Tillotson.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. Our complaints procedure meets national criteria.

How To Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, where possible at the time the complaint arises. Please put your complaint in writing to Mrs Carol Tillotson. She will contact you by telephone to clarify details and is happy to speak to you in person about the complaint if you prefer.

How We Will Deal With Your Complaint

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within two working days and aim to have investigated your complaint within 20 working days of the date the complaint was initially raised. We will then be in a position to offer you an explanation or a meeting with the people involved. When we look in to your complaint, we will aim to:-

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Give you the opportunity to discuss the problem.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Complaining To The Primary Care Trust (PCT)

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our practice complaints procedure, and are happy to discuss any queries or concerns you may have verbally or in writing. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve the systems and procedures within our practice. If you feel that you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation, you should contact the PCT.

You have the right to approach the PCT directly if you prefer, and this will not affect your position with the practice or your rights. You can contact The Complaints Manager  East Lancs PCT, 31-33 Kenyon Road, Lomeshaye Estate, Nelson, Lancs BB9 5SZ. Tel: 01282 610311.

You may also seek help and advice from the Independent Complaints and Advocacy Service, (this is part of the Citizens Advice Bureau) tel: 0845 1203735. The East Lancashire Advocacy Service telephone number is 01254 301030.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.

Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away!
The St Peter's Centre, 2nd Floor, Church Street, Burnley, BB11 2DL
  • Telephone 01282 644160
Website supplied by Oldroyd Publishing Group
Your Neighbourhood Professionals. Just a Click Away!
Back to top